Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

autumn.


It's lovely, beautiful, amazing weather in Sydney at the moment. That good autumn weather when it's cold enough to wear jeans and a light jumper but warm enough to go outside. I celebrated by spending my lunch hour in the park overlooking the water with my kindle and my knitting.


Autumn is my favourite season of all. I never really got one living in Alice Springs, the weather just went from hot to cold. I fell in love with autumn in Canberra - when all of the leaves changed colour and the air was fresh and crisp. Perfect. Both times that I have been to America the weather has been perfectly autumnal and Ben and I have a trip to Japan planned in October this year which would land us in the Japanese autumn as well. I've decided it's my favourite time to travel. It's cold enough to get you outside and moving but not so cold that you can't think of anything worse than getting out of bed.


This will be my first whole Sydney winter and to be honest, I'm a bit sad that I'm missing out on the real cold of Canberra. My knitting and crochet doesn't seem to be such a priority in what will surely by a more mild winter than I've ever been used to. In the meantime, I have beautiful autumn to keep me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment