Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Burro e Salvia


This time last year I was on a plane with Mum on our way to Italy. 


Here is me pretty much one year ago - modeling our very stylish security handbags that I would never normally be seen dead in but gave us a good piece of mind in a country known to get a bit handsy (in more than one sense of the word.)






One of the dishes on my Italy 'must try' list was Butter and Sage Pasta. 
I did have it - only once - but it was one of the most simple and delicious dishes I've ever eaten. Silly and little, it's really one of those things that you just remember. Below is a picture taken of me in Bologna, just after I had ordered my Tortellini de Burro e Salvia waiting for it to arrive at the table. Clearly, I am giddy with excitement. 



I didn't actually try to make it myself at home until this year and it's become one of our go to meals, particularly when I'm craving some comfort eating. Even Ben, who isn't a huge fan of such simple dishes, loves it. 




Sometimes we add some cubes of fried pancetta and Ben, of Ben and Dana taught me to put in cherry toms for a fresh bite.


Spaghetti de Burro e Salvia

Spaghetti
60g Butter
6 good sized sage leaves, chopped roughly
Juice of 1/2 Lemon 
Parmesan Cheese

Optional:
Pancetta, cubed
Cherry toms, halved or whole (I like to roast mine with salt and butter in a HOT oven while waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook)

1. Cook pasta in pot as usual.
2. While pasta is cooking melt butter in small saucepan. When the butter is melted and begins to form a foam, put in sage leaves and lemon juice. You only want to keep the butter on the heat for a few seconds after putting in the sage and lemon, just enough to mix it around a bit. Take off heat.
3. When pasta is cooked, pour butter and sage mix over.
4. Mix in pancetta and/or toms if you want to put them in.
5. Shave parmesan over to serve.
6. Eat and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment