Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Long, Lazy Weekend

Our Queens Birthday weekend looked a little like this - 

It was rainy, rainy, rainy and cold. Sydney put on an amazing show of crappy, miserable weather but it gave us the perfect excuse for staying inside and hibernating. Over the three days we had off Ben and I left the house twice. Once for food and the other for buttons (both completely necessary items, wouldn't you say?) I was semi productive I guess but it didn't really matter, I was far too relaxing doing next to nothing to care!
Outside. The place where we just didn't venture. See all that rain? DO YOU SEE IT?!

We drank about a billion cups of tea
I followed Tilly's wonderful tutorial to make myself a skirt...
...and I made it out of this beautiful cotton Dana and Ben brought back for me from India.

We watched copious amounts of West Wing and Seinfeld and along the way I knit. On the left, the orange yarn is fast becoming the Featherweight Cardigan. While we watched V for Vendetta (and I'm still not sure what to think of that movie) I cracked past the sleeve caps. Now I just stockinette away until I reach the length I want. On the right the green laceweight is slowly becoming a scarf for Mumsy. When will this thing end?!

Yeah, I drank my fair share of wine.  
I sewed my first ever real button holes! In this case 'real' means that these buttons are responsible for holding my skirt up. That's real!
See?! Looky! Wonky, a bit wide and not really in the spot that I wanted but functional buttonholes nonetheless.

Yeah, that's another glass of wine, what of it?! That's also the Etsy YouTube channel on the laptop. I really love their videos - super peaceful, whimsical and full of stories of creative individuals.


We sat on the couch with this flea bag (literally. Damn you wet weather!) and she relished in the rare opportunity of having us at home for three days straight. That's three days of endless belly rubs and cuddles. Also three days of having someone around to bully into playing. 
Winter is definitely upon us now and I probably couldn't be happier. Well maybe if we owned a heater I'd be a little happier but an extra glass of mulled wine will make up the difference, right?!
Hope you all had a lovely long (or regular length) weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh those Etsy videos look tempting - I must check them out. So cool to see a photo of my blog on your laptop!

    ReplyDelete