Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slouchy Grey

The Hannah Fetig obsession seems to be a hard train to stop.


I moved straight on from my Featherweight to the Walpole, a slouchy, oversized cardigan that I made in Brooklyn Tweed Loft, in the Soot colourway. It's a really lovely dark grey with flecks of cream (and hay. Buying handspun means buying the wool and what the animal once slept in.)


 The sleeves don't look as lovely and full as the pattern photos and knitting it I was a little concerned that it just wouldn't drape as well as I would like. But it was never really intended for more than just a nice comfy slouchy cardigan to wear when I'm cold on the couch or hanging around on the weekend so it never really matter if it wasn't up to going out standards.



Actually, it turned out really well - I'm very pleased! The sleeves are too long (see the roll?) but I'm cool with that. The collar turned out well, the fit is great and the wool got softer thanks to a good blocking. I thought I might have finished it too late for the cool weather but it's actually got quite a bit of wear in the nights since I finished it all off. Very pleased!

I've cast on my next, the Goodale by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. It's a short sleeved cardi that I'm planning to wear mostly at work as my office seems to run pretty cold. I'm actually leaving for Japan tomorrow morning so it will be my designated Japan/Bullet Train travel knitting - eep! Can't wait!!

I would warn that I won't be posting for a couple of weeks but actually, that fits perfectly into my normal posting schedule (ie the slack, lazy tart schedule)! Will be back with photos of Japjap and hopefully a new little cardigan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment