Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

I made wool

I finished off a little bag of greasy fleece that my spinning teacher had sent me home with a couple of weeks ago. It was my first lesson in preparing fleece with a hand carder but I'm not sure I'm in love with the process. I like getting into a nice rhythm with spinning and stopping all the time to card the next bit of fleece just got...tedious.


I gave all of the skeins that I'd finished since my first lesson a good bath and used a day of nice Sydney sunshine to hang them out on the line to dry.

I'm so happy with how they've turned out. The original chocolate brown wool is the teensiest bit crunchy thanks to it being a tad overspun but they are nicely balanced and the latest skeins of the greasy are so amazingly soft; they felt like they would melt at any second in the water.



Holding actual wool that I actually made with my own hands spurred me on a little bit and before I knew it I had a full bobbin of the most lovely rich purple merino!


No comments:

Post a Comment