Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Violet for Summer

Before we moved house I went through all of my fabric and donated everything I knew I wouldn't use and sorted what was left into piles based on importance or what would be used next. It sounds a lot more organised that it really is - in truth 'sorting' just meant putting in separate drawers. This floral cotton lawn has been sitting around for about a year now; sad, beautiful and project-less.


While I was fabric sorting I went through my patterns and remembered that I bought the Colette Violet pattern some time ago. It's a sweet little buttoned top with either short or 3/4 length sleeves and gorgeous peter pan collar. My wardrobe is seriously lacking tops at the moment and going into summer I need something that I can wear with jeans, pants or skirt. And so, a new project was born...


Looking at what other sloggers (sewing bloggers - can this catch on?) have produced, it seems as though Violet ticks all of the boxes in terms of looks, ease and versatility. I mean, just look at these beauties over at Fancy Tiger Crafts! And this gem by Nette! Just so much cute. 

Remember when I said that I'll take it easy on this project? I was totes serious! I'm determined not to rush through it. I'll just take myself off to a corner and keep repeating that to myself, shall I? 


Yesterday I traced and cut out the pattern pieces and sewed the staystitching around the collar. Tonight I'll give it another half hour of attention - enough to get through the back gathers and maybe start the next step. 
I've got a knitting project on the go at the moment as well that has a fast approaching deadline that I really need to give some attention to so I can't sew all that much anyway. 

Hope you all have a good start to the week and that there is something new on your horizon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment